- Ph.D., in progress, University of Nevada, Reno (Philosophy in Political Science, Public Policy and Public Administration emphasis)
- Master of Social Work, 2001, University of Nevada, Reno
- Bachelor of Social Work - Minor in Spanish, 2000, University of Nevada, Reno
Jill Manit is currently the Field Education Program Coordinator in the School of Social Work at the University of Nevada Reno. In this role she recruits and trains field training sites for undergraduate and graduate students and places over 100 students in a structured practicum setting. Additionally, she teaches social work classes and works within a team to assess the program. Jill came to the school with a practice background that spans micro, mezzo, and macro settings. She has provided direct services in the fields of substance abuse, family resource/case management services, and was actively involved in community building and coalition efforts throughout the state of Nevada. Most recently, she worked with SAMHSA/CSAP's Western CAPT at the Center for Application of Substance Abuse Technologies to provide program evaluation training and technical assistance to substance abuse prevention providers and state substance abuse offices in the western region including the Pacific Jurisdictions. Through these experiences, Jill worked to align demands from the Federal level related to accountability and outcome requirements with the realities faced by local providers. This effort sparked a personal and research interest to explore the role and impact of culture and organizational context in service delivery systems.
July 2008-present: University of Nevada Reno, School of Social Work, Reno, Nevada
- Social Work (SW) 790/791: Integrative Project Seminar I/II
- SW 610: HBSE I Structural Factors and Macro Systems
- SW 740/741: Practice and Program Evaluation I/II
- SW 220 - Introduction to Social Work
- SW 480/481, 680/681 -Field Experience in Social Work
- Various Directed Independent Research and Special Problems courses
August 2004- December 2005: University of Nevada Reno, Center for Application of Substance Abuse Technologies, Reno, Nevada
- Human and Community Sciences 255 - Substance Abuse Prevention
- Facilitate and teach three online substance abuse prevention evaluation courses to participants in the Western region of the United States, including Pacific Jurisdictions.
January-May 2004: University of Nevada Reno, School of Social Work, Reno, Nevada - Letter of Appointment Instructor
- SW 721 - Advanced Generalist Practice, Small Groups
Current Professional Memberships
- National Association of Social Workers
- Council on Social Work Education
- American Society for Public Administration
- 2012-present - State of Nevada, Commission on Behavioral Health, Children's System of Care Behavioral Health Subcommittee and Children's Mental Health Consortia workgroups, facilitate logic model development
- 2008-2014 - School Social Work Action Group
- 2013-2014- ACTIONN Health Care Jobs Task Force
- 2008-2014 - Off-site field instructor for various social service agencies
- 2011-2012 - State of Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services, facilitate logic model development and coordinate student involvement
- 2008-2011 - National Association of Social Workers Nevada Chapter, Co-Chair Workforce Development Committee
- 2009 - Wraparound Nevada Expansion Project, facilitate logic model development
Professional Presentations (past 5 years):
- October 2014: Council on Social Work Education, Annual Program Meeting. Relationship Awareness Theory: Understanding the Motivations and Behaviors of Millennial Students, Tampa, FL.
- October 2014: Council on Social Work Education, Annual Program Meeting: Gatekeeping and the Implicit Curriculum: A Model for Developing Behaviorally Specific Policies, Tampa, FL.
- October 2013: Defining AGP as a Basis for Curriculum Development and Evaluation. Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, Houston, TX.
- August 2013: National Association of Social Workers, Nevada Chapter Annual Conference: The Generation Gap: Challenges and Strategies for Working with Millennial Employees, Reno, NV.
- August 2013: National Association of Social Workers, Nevada Chapter Annual Conference: Maintaining a Health Workforce: Understanding Compassion Fatigue and Its Implications for Practice, Reno, NV.
- 2008 - present (except 2012): Annual Field Instructor Orientations and Field Instructor Trainings
- July 2011 - American Humane Association: Evaluation of a Team Decision Making Model: A Focus on Engagement as the Outcome, Las Vegas, NV.
- June 2010 - Center for Substance Abuse Prevention's Center for Application of Prevention Technologies West Regional Expert Team, Regional Technical Expert Panel Meeting: Systems Integration, Los Angeles, CA.
- January 2009 - Society for Social Work Research: Developing a Contextually-Based Model for Program Evaluation Practice, New Orleans, LA.
- Hylton, M, Manit, J., and Svare, G. (submitted). Gatekeeping and the Implicit Curriculum: Developing Behaviorally Specific Policies.
- Manit, J., Svare, G. (2013). The Integrative Project: Integrating Classroom and Real World Knowledge. Washington, D.C.: PA Times, a publication of the American Society for Public Administration. http://patimes.org/integrative-project-integrating-classroom-real-world-knowledge/
- Manit, J., & Albers, E. (2009). National outcome measures. In G. Fisher, & N. Roget (Eds.), Encyclopedia of substance abuse prevention, treatment, & recovery. (pp. 615-619). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. doi: 10.4135/9781412964500.n217
- Manit, J., Walsh, M., & Lowrey, S. (2009). National Survey on Drug Use and Health. In G. Fisher, & N. Roget (Eds.), Encyclopedia of substance abuse prevention, treatment, & recovery. (pp. 621-624). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc. doi: 10.4135/9781412964500.n219
- Manit, J., Woodridge, K. (Narrators)(2014). Mental health services for children in Nevada [Radio Broadcast Episode] (R.O'Driscoll, Interviewer). In E. Ciammachilli (Producer), Beyond the Headlines: Health Watch. Reno, NV: National Public Radio. Retrieved from: http://kunr.org/post/health-watch-mental-health-services-children-nevada
- 2014-Present - University of Nevada, School of Social Work: Co-Investigator, Enhancing Behavioral Health Training for Social Workers in Nevada (BHTNV). Health Services and Research Administration (HRSA).
- 2010-2012 - University of Nevada, School of Social Work: Evaluation of the Family Solutions Team program within the Washoe County Department of Social Services.
- 2008-2011 University of Nevada Reno, College of Health and Human Sciences, Building and Healthy Nevada Faculty Research Grants: Co-investigator, The Impact of Cultural Context on Health and Human Service Outcomes.