- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (775) 682-7410
- Office: Neil J. Redfield Building 201B
- Mail Stop: 0419
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Southern Utah University
- Master of Social Work, University of Nevada Reno
Aaron Blackham has 10 years' direct practice working with children and families. He has a passion for working hard and playing hard in the great outdoors. Mr. Blackham was employed as a counselor and a supervisor for several different wilderness-based behavioral healthcare programs. He was also as a child protective service worker and a program specialist for the Division of Child and Family Services in Nevada.
Mr. Blackham has been a community outreach trainer for the Nevada Partnership for Training since 2009. He has developed training curricula for child welfare caseworkers and stakeholders in many areas including the topics of family engagement and motivational interviewing. Aaron recently became a member of the globally renowned Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT). Following are the topics that Mr. Blackham has provided CEU trainings for through the Nevada Partnership for Training:
- Nevada New Worker Core Training
- Child Welfare Supervision
- Motivational Interviewing
- Adult Mental Health
- Child Mental Health
- Trauma and Neurodevelopment
- Substance Abuse and Child Welfare
- Child Welfare Ethics
- Child Sexual Abuse: Assessment and Case Management
- Domestic Violence: Assessment and Case Management
- Engaging Fathers
- BSW Field Seminar
- Introduction to Social Work
- Child welfare
- Motivational interviewing
- Outdoor behavioral healthcare
- Permaculture, sustainability and green social work
Presentations (Past 5 years)
Blackham, A. (2014, December). Motivational Interviewing: Can You Spare Some Change? Presented at the 49th 2014 Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada, Sparks, NV.
Blackham, A. (2014). Effective Communication and Interviewing. 1st Annual Victim Assistance Academy of Nevada: Weaving a tapestry of Advocacy in Nevada, Reno, NV.
Blackham, A. & Stevens, D. (2013). Full Circle Case Management. 48th Annual Intertribal Council of Nevada, Reno, NV.
Blackham, A. (2014). Training Motivational Interviewing: Sourcing the Wellspring. West Coast Child Welfare Trainers' Conference. Cour d'Alene, Id.
Blackham, A. (2014). Training Resources: The Rhythm of Motivational Interviewing. NASW Nevada Chapter Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
"We can have wilderness without freedom; we can have wilderness without human life at all, but we cannot have freedom without wilderness, we cannot have freedom without leagues of open space beyond the cities, where boys and girls, men and women, can live at least part of their lives under no control but their own desires and abilities, free from any and all direct administration by their fellow men."