[Download full issue - PDF]
Our website has photo galleries, full versions of the printed stories, plus video and audio clips. You can also access Nevada Silver & Blue archives.
- Sagebrush History (PDF) — Read Guy Clifton’s historical account of the University newspaper from a 1993 issue of Nevada Silver & Blue
- Paul Bible — An attorney, JAG officer, gaming commissioner and donor. Read the full interview online for his most memorable accomplishments and advice.
- 2008 Summer Camps — Find more information about your favorite summer camps and activities.
- Jot Travis Student Union — More historical photos of the student union and the biography of the man
- Only Online Photo Gallery — Additional photos from the Associated Students of the University of Nevada (ASUN) Officers event, ASUN Scholarship Reception, HHS Scholarship Luncheon, 2007 University of Nevada, Reno Homecoming, and Sagebrush Historical Photos.
Letter from University President Milton Glick - Why graduation rates matter
14 Good Medicine – Accelerating the pace of discovery
16 University News – Orvis celebrates 50 years of service
22 Pack Tracks – Wolf Pack stars join Nevada Hall of Fame
26 What I’ve Learned – Paul Bible ’62 (economics)
28 University For You – 2008 summer camps and activities
35 Five Questions With – George Gowgani ’72M.S., ’75 Ph.D.
36 Refresher Course – Nevada’s early caucus
37 Ten Things You Didn’t Know About – George Washington
38 Gatherings – Foundation Banquet and Vintage Nevada
40 On Philanthropy – Moving at the speed of Gillemot
44 Bookshelf – Trial by polemical fire?
46 NevadaScope – Tips on conserving water
- From the Alumni Council President, 48
- Class Chat, 49
- Chapter Updates, 54
- 2007 Homecoming Photos, 56
- Remembering Friends, 60
62 Tell Me How Nevada Was - Student union evolves
Photographer Jeff Ross took this picture of President Milton Glick, Graduate Student Association President Rebecca Bevans ’01 (psychology), President Emeritus Joe Crowley and Associated Students of the University of Nevada President Sarah Ragsdale from inside the under-construction Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center on opening day of the Joe Crowley Student Union, Nov. 15. The fourth floor of the Knowledge Center looks out on the new student union. Synergy between the two buildings has been incorporated into their design: traffic from one will flow seamlessly to the other, allowing students, faculty and visitors to study, conduct research, socialize, eat, shop and enjoy entertainment within walking distance of each activity. The Knowledge Center is slated to open in August 2008.