All Community Learning Opportunities for Academic Credit must be registered with the Office of Service Learning and Civic Engagement. All required forms must be filled out and submitted to OSLCE before students may participate in community learning opportunities. Submissions fewer than 15 calendar days prior to the start date of the Community Learning Opportunity may not provide adequate time for review and approval. To register, please fill out the Community Learning Opportunity for Academic Credit Registration Form.
The Service-Learning Attribute indicates that your course's Community Learning Opportunity...
- ...is for Academic Credit
- ...is related to course objectives and learning goals
- ...meets an identified community need/serves the public good
- ...includes reflection
- ...is assessed and evaluated
To receive the service-learning attribute, submit your proposal by
- September 1st for Spring courses
- February 1st for Fall course
Courses without the attribute will be reviewed on a rolling basis.