Information Technology/Computer Support
The College of Science is served by two dedicated Information Technology professionals, as well as the University Office of Information Technology.
Mike Zierten, Research Computing System Administrator
Mike Zierten provides the following primary services. Contact him with your research computing questions and requests, and he will either help you directly, or facilitate contact with the correct Central IT unit.
- Technical administrative support for high performance Linux clusters and servers used for research in the College of Science
- Needs analysis, research and planning for new and emerging technologies to support research in the College of Science
- Supervision, training and mentoring of students hired to provide research computing support within departments
Kate Maloy, Information Technology Technician V
Kate Maloy provides the following primary services. Contact her with your computer teaching laboratory needs and requests, and for specialized desktop/laptop support. General desktop support requests should go to the University Help Desk.
- Diagnostics, service and repair of microcomputers and peripheral hardware and software for computer equipment in the College of Science teaching laboratories
- Upgrade installations, modifications, and relocations of microcomputers and peripheral hardware and software in the College of Science teaching laboratories
- Customer support for faculty and students utilizing the College of Science teaching laboratories