Ph.D. in Geography
- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
Gaining a sense of place
The Department of Geography at the University of Nevada, Reno emphasizes human-environment interactions.
Our curriculum and research specialize in the study of desert and mountain landscapes and people in arid and mountainous environments.
Students who hold a Master's degree in Geography or a related discipline are eligible for admission into the Ph.D. program. A maximum of 24 credits of coursework from a master's degree program or previous post baccalaureate graduate studies program (with grades of B or better) may be allocated toward the doctoral degree. These credits are subject to the approval of the advisory committee and the Graduate Dean.
Applications for acceptance into the Ph.D. program are sent to the Graduate School, and must include:
- A graduate admission application form, including fees;
- An official copy of GRE, LSAT, MCAT or GMAT scores; and
- Official college transcripts. Applicants must also send to the department a statement of purpose and goals and three recommendation letters.
Applications received in full by February 1st will be considered for the fall semester.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Geography, Minor
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography
- Bachelor of Science in Geography
- Master of Science in Geography
- Ph.D. in Geography
Contact College of Science
|Location||Davidson Math and Science Center|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557