How Students are Selected
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Combined Math/Verbal score of 1270 or greater on the SAT, or combined ACT score of 29 or greater;
- Placement in the top 10% of their graduating high school class, or an un-weighted GPA of 3.7;
- US Citizenship or permanent resident of the US AND Nevada residency; Non-US citizens must have a permanent resident visa AND Nevada residency;
- Attend a Nevada high school for a minimum of two years AND graduate from a Nevada high school;
- Applied for admission to UNR or UNLV as a freshman by February 25;
- Other criteria to be evaluated include extracurricular activities, leadership skills, maturity, and healthcare and work experience.
The BS-MD Admissions Committee will select students from applicants using a supplemental application process. At the time of admission to the BS- MD program, students receive a provisional acceptance to the University of Nevada School of Medicine. All students are required to successfully complete all the undergraduate requirements. The School of Medicine reserves the authority to deny matriculation to its school if a BS-MD student does not fulfill all requirements.
Students must maintain the following requirements to progress:
- 3.5 overall GPA and 3.5 science GPA;
- Successfully complete the MCAT with a 28 or above, with no sub score less than a seven.