Professional School Advising
COS Professional School Advising (PSA)
Advising Appointment & Seminar Scheduler
List of Fall 2015 Seminars
The College of Science is proud to offer professional school advising services to all College of Science students through Pat Wilson, who has been a pre-professional school adviser for over 20 years at the University. Before coming to Nevada, she spent 15 years advising students at the University of California, Davis.
College of Science Professional School Advising services include:
- Personalized assistance from the early stages of professional school preparation through the application process.
- Individualized advisement to assist with course selection, test preparation, and obtaining clinical and research experiences as you prepare for professional school.
- Development of the best timeline and application strategy for your application to professional school.
- Seminars to assist you with the application process that include writing a personal statement and resume, the professional school interview, getting letters of recommendation, and the professional school application process and timeline.
- Critiques of your resume and personal statement; conducting mock interviews.
Individual advising appointment hours are available on Tuesdays: Noon -4 p.m. and Wednesdays: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Schedule an appointment with Pat by clicking on the blue box titled "Advising Appointment and Seminar Scheduler" at the top of this page. NOTE: If this is your first time using the on-line Appointment Scheduler, you will need to create an account before being able to log in.
Pat's office is located at 401A DMSC and she can be reached at email@example.com.
Health Care Preparation Handouts