Advising for New Freshmen Students
Fall semester freshmen
For new freshmen planning to enroll at the University for the first time during the Fall semester, make sure to participate in the Advanced Registration process so you can be enrolled into courses for the Fall semester.
Mandatory 1st semester academic advising will be provided as an on-line process for College of Science freshmen; it will be available starting June 1. The sooner you participate and complete the on-line advising process, the sooner your advising hold is removed and you are able to make changes to your Fall schedule using MyNEVADA.
Spring semester freshmen
For new freshmen planning to enroll at the University for the first time during the Spring semester, make sure you complete the following steps:
- Accept your admission in MyNEVADA
- Review the CHECKLIST ITEMS - PREPARATION FOR SUCCESSFUL ADVISING items below.
- Schedule an advising appointment with your academic advisor
CHECKLIST ITEMS - PREPARATION FOR SUCCESSFUL ADVISING
- Log into MyNEVADA - contact the Admissions & Records (A&R) office with any questions at (775) 784 - 4700 or email@example.com
- Check your test score reports (i.e. ACT, SAT, AP, IB etc) - your highest ACT and SAT scores will be used to determine your initial first semester MATH and ENGLISH course placement
- Check your MATH course placement and ENGLISH course placement for the first semester - initial placement is based on your highest SAT or ACT Math and ACT English or SAT Critical Reading scores in MyNEVADA under test score reports.
- Check your Transfer Credit: Report to confirm A&R has processed your transcript(s) from another institution and view how your transfer credits were articulated
- Check for items in the To Do List and Holds sections in your MyNEVADA Student Center