Getting a college education is expensive. But you already know that. What you may not realize is that Army ROTC awards scholarships to hundreds of students - good at hundreds of college campuses across the U.S. each year. ROTC scholarships are awarded strictly on merit - to the most outstanding students who apply, regardless of their families' financial status.
The scholarships cover college tuition and educational fees up to $17,000 per year. Additional scholarship benefits include: A designated book allowance of $1200 per year, as well as a tax-free allowance from $350-$500 per month for up to 10 months for each year the scholarship is in effect.
- 3 Types of Scholarships
4-Year - Starting college as a freshman
3-Year - Already finished one year of college
2-Year - Already finished two years of college, (you must attend ROTC Basic Camp the summer between your sophomore and junior year).
Active Duty - - If enlisted in the Army, you may qualify for a 4,3, or 2 year scholarship.
- Requirements for ROTC Scholarships
1. U.S. CITIZEN.
2. AGE 17 BEFORE THE SCHOLARSHIP IS EFFECTIVE.
3. UNDER 31 YEARS OLD ON DECEMBER 31 OF THE YEAR YOU EXPECT TO GRADUATE COLLEGE AND BE COMMISSIONED. EXTENSION UP TO THREE YEARS MAY BE GRANTED FOR VETERANS.
4. TAKE THE SAT OR ACT BY NOVEMBER OF THE YEAR YOU APPLY.
5. HAVE A MINIMUM OF 920 SAT OR ACT COMPOSITE OF 19.
6. GOOD HIGH SCHOOL GRADES.
7. PARTICIPATE IN LEADERSHIP, EXTRACURRICULAR AND ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES. (PART TIME JOBS EARN SUBSTITUTE CREDIT.)
8. HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE OR EQUIVALENT.
9. PURSUE AN ARMY-APPROVED ACADEMIC MAJOR.
10. AGREE TO ACCEPT A COMMISSION AS EITHER A REGULAR ARMY, ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OR U.S. ARMY RESERVE OFFICER.
11. MEET PHYSICAL STANDARDS.
12. MEET THE REQUIRED CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE IN ALL ACADEMIC COURSES.
13. BE RECOMMENDED BY THE PROFESSOR OF MILITARY SCIENCE (PMS)
- To Apply:
- Contact Mr. Dan De Coite by phone (775) 682-7472 or email email@example.com