Executive Vic President and Provost Search
Marsha Read, Chair
- Dr. Fred Holman, Vice Provost, Extended Studies
- Dr. David Zeh, Chair, Faculty Senate
- Dr. Trudy Larsen, Director, School of Community Health Sciences
- Dr. Greg Mosier, Dean, College of Business
- Dr. Jeff Thompson, Dean, College of Science
- Erik Williams, Staff and Employees Council
- Ron Zurek, VP Administration and Finance
- Dr. Shannon Ellis, VP Student Services
- John Carothers, VP Development
- Dr. David Ryfe, Faculty member, Journalism
- Dr. Steve Lewis, Faculty member, Cooperative Extension
- Dr. Amy Childress, Faculty member, Engineering
- Dr. Mary Stewart, Faculty member, College of Liberal Arts
- Dr. Leping Liu, Faculty member, College of Education
- Dr. Elissa Palmer, Faculty member, School of Medicine
- Dr. Mae Gustin, Faculty member College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources
- Huili Weinstock, student
- Orion Cuffee, student
- Janet Sanderson, Search Coordinator
Updates on Search Process
The search for the EVP & Provost is launched and the Search Committee assembled on 5.15.12 to review the timeline and discuss the opportunities and challenges for the role with the search consultants, Isaacson, Miller. The names of the committee members will be provided (on the web site?), however I will be the primary contact for questions and information regarding the search.
The faculty were surveyed regarding characteristics important in a successful Executive Vice President and Provost. The results of these were conveyed to the committee and will be used to recruit candidates for the position.
The committee convened 7.10.12 and began the process of focusing in on the types of candidates that we would like to attract and ultimately interview for the position. A second such session is scheduled for mid-August.
The search process is on target for completing committee and campus interviews before the November holiday season starts.
We are all looking forward to a stimulating and successful process and will keep you updated regularly on our progress.
The committee will be working hard over the summer to gather candidate suggestions and to review confidential applicants. There will be opportunities to have UNR community input to the scoping and suggestion process both electronically (details to come) this summer, and in person at scoping meetings with the consultants in the early fall. We are shooting to complete committee and campus interviews before the November holiday season starts. We are all looking forward to a stimulating and successful process and will keep you updated regularly on our progress.