IRB Meeting Schedule
The University IRB meets twice monthly to review human subject research that presents greater than minimal risk to participants: on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays.
RIO staff assess each submission in IRBNet for completeness and to determine the requisite level of review. Complete projects/packages contain the following:
- Completed Part I Application or Cover Sheet (for new projects only)
- Completed Part II or Exempt Application; application to request a determination for human subject research, continuing review, amendments to approved projects, or to use an external IRB; application for emergency or expanded use drug/device or HUD; or problem report form
- Completed supplemental applications as applicable to the research (e.g., for research involving vulnerable populations, federal agency support or funding, blood/biological specimens, drugs, or devices)
- All applicable recruitment/consent documents
- All research instruments, data collection logs, or other materials relevant to the research
- Applicable committee approvals (e.g., biosafety or radiation safety committees, PRS Committee for VA research)
- Completed IRB-requested changes or revisions (for follow-up, information requested, or revisions packages only)
Projects/packages requiring Full Committee Review must be determined to be complete before these are placed on the agenda for review at a scheduled IRB meeting. Project/packages requiring Administrative, Exempt, or Expedited Review must be determined to be complete before these are forwarded for review. See IRB policy for information about submission types in IRBNet.