62. Additional DoD Requirements for IRB Review and Approval
- As with all research, the University IRB will consider the scientific merit of the research and may rely on outside experts to provide an evaluation of same.
- Substantive changes to approved DoD-sponsored research, including modifications to research reviewed by expedited procedures, must undergo scientific review prior to IRB review.
- Surveys developed for administration to DoD personnel must be submitted, reviewed, and approved by the DoD after IRB review and approval.
- The DHHS definition of minimal risk based on the phrase "ordinarily encountered in daily life or during the performance of routine physical or physiological examination or tests" shall not be interpreted to include the inherent risks faced by certain categories of human subjects in their everyday lives.