35. Requirements for University of Nevada, Reno Principal Investigators
Note: This section does not apply to investigators at University affiliate sites.
Individuals must meet one of the following criteria to serve as a principal investigator for human subjects research:
- Faculty at the University with renewable appointments as defined in the University Administrative Manual, section 2,511.
- Visiting faculty or scientists during the time they are on the University payroll.
- Full-time classified staff at the University, with signature approval from the appropriate dean and the VPRI.
- Faculty retired from the University who wish to continue their research programs, with signature approval from the appropriate dean and the VPRI.
- Others as designated, with signature approval of the appropriate dean and the Vice President for Research.