- Office of Enterprise & Innovation—License University IP and team-up with University researchers.
Ellen Purpus, Assistant Vice President, Enterprise & Innovation
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 784-8228
- University External Relations—Partner with the University, get assistance identifying University expertise to support your business needs, find incubator space for your spinout company, and work with regional and state economic development authorities.
Heidi Gansert, Executive Director, External Relations
email@example.com · (775) 784-4778
- Vendor registration—Register as a vendor to do business with the University.
Business Center North
University Expertise Guide
- Nevada Center for Applied Research—Find and collaborate with research experts in your field.
Carlos Cardillo, Director, NCAR
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 784-4837
- Testing and analytical services—Contract with the University for lab services and equipment usage.
Becky Albion, Shared Research Facilities Coordinator
email@example.com · (775) 784-4781
Contracts & Funding
- Office of Sponsored Projects—View a sample contract template and find a liaison to ensure accurate and timely grant and contract administration.
Charlene Hart, Assistant Vice President, Research Administration
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 784-4040
- Nevada Small Business Development Center—Access business consulting and training and get assistance with market analysis and projections. Our Business Environmental Program will also advise on energy efficiency and waste reduction.
Sam Males, NSBDC State Director
email@example.com · (775) 784-1717
Extension & Outreach Partnerships
- Nevada Industry Excellence—Get assistance in the manufacturing, construction and mining sectors to grow your business through new markets and products, improve processes and increase your efficiency and productivity.
Sandy Haslem, NVIE Director
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 784-1935
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension—Find community education programs in the areas of agriculture, families, community development, health and nutrition, horticulture, and natural resources.
unce.unr.edu/contact · (775) 784-7070
- Extended Studies—Identify resources for continuing education and professional development at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- University of Nevada, Reno Innevation Center – Powered By Switch—Designed to empower Nevada’s next generation of economic leaders and home to industry-forward initiatives including NAASIC, NCAR and NVIE.
Jim Sacherman, IC Director
email@example.com · (775) 682-8612
- Applied Research Facility—Offices, labs and incubation space where faculty and students can collaborate on research and start-up companies.
Asta Ratliff, OVPRI Division Operations Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 682-8619
- Biosciences Entrepreneurial Lab—Wet lab incubation space for biotech startups, offering faculty and students the equipment and training to accelerate the growth of new businesses.
Carlos Cardillo, NCAR Director
email@example.com · (775) 682-4837
- DeLaMare Library, DLM: Discover.Learn.Make.—Makerspace where students and industry can network and interact in a supportive environment that provides technology, tools and resources to learn, build and share ideas.
Tod Colegrove, Head of DeLaMare Library
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 682-5644
- Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship—A bridge between the University and the entrepreneurial community, providing an economic development engine for Northern Nevada.
Visit us in the University Ansari Business Building, Room 402
- Redfield Campus—A hub for community collaboration and University public and private sector partnerships.
email@example.com · (775) 682-6400
Economic Development & Entrepreneurship
- Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED)—Connect with regional industry sector specialists.
Aerospace & Defense · Agriculture · Information Technology · Energy · Health Care
Logistics & Operations · Manufacturing · Mining · Tourism & Gaming
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN)—Bring your company to our region or expand your operations in the greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe area and connect with industry and entrepreneur groups.
Pam Matteoni, Executive Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 829-3700
- Nevada Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NCET)—Join business and technology events tailored to help small businesses and entrepreneurs.
email@example.com · (775) 453-0130
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)—Simplify the process of selling your products or services to the government and discover lucrative opportunities.
firstname.lastname@example.org · (775) 687-9900 (Carson City) · (702) 486-2700 (Las Vegas)