The Raggio Research Center for STEM Education has as its mission the advancement of the theory and practice of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education focused primarily on underrepresented groups. We will accomplish this mission through research, development, instruction, dissemination, leadership and outreach.
Our goals include the following:
- Conduct research on STEM education at the highest level on questions of state and national importance as applied to Nevada's needs.
- Recruit and promote the inclusion of underrepresented populations in STEM education opportunities at UNR.
- Form interdisciplinary research teams of STEM content and education faculty and graduate students, together with teachers, to develop, deliver, and assess/evaluate our programs and activities.
- Serve as an interdisciplinary education center to develop research-rich experiences for pre-service and in-service teachers to deepen and enhance STEM concepts and pedagogy.
- Develop outreach activities and programs for students of all ages to support knowledge acquisition in the STEM disciplines.
- Disseminate standards-based and scientifically supported research and information on STEM education.