For new and revised courses, the UCCC strongly encourages faculty to include the following information in course syllabi.
- Instructor Information: If the instructor is known, include his/her name and contact information (office location, phone number, email address, office hours, etc.).
- Course Information: Course number, section, title.
- List of all required reading, writing, homework, viewing , listening, etc. assignments and materials including calculators, specialized equipment, computer software, etc.
- Course description and prerequisites
- Unique class procedures/structures, such as web-based or web-assisted, cooperative exercises, panel presentations, case study methods, class journals or learning logs, attendance at events outside of class, etc.
- Course Objectives
- Student Learning Outcomes: Refer to the SLOs and the Professional Educator page or email the UCC for more information.
- Schedule Information/Course Calendar
- Topics outline or course calendar
- Approximate schedule of exams and due dates of graded assignments, e.g., homework, quizzes, papers, projects. Policies on late work and make-up exams.
- Description of course requirements, e.g., exams, quizzes, projects, papers AND the proportion each counts toward the final grade. If class participation and/or attendance are factored in, explain how these are evaluated.
- Grading criteria, scale and standards, including statement on whether or not plus/minus grading will be used, policies regarding late work and make-up exams. See the Board of Regents policy on grading.
- A statement on Academic Dishonesty.
- Statement concerning arrangements for those with disabilities. See the DRC more information concerning disability statements.
- Statement concerning audio and video recording, as described on the syllabus template.
- Methods for communicating with students outside of the classroom regarding matters such as class cancellations, room changes, etc.
- Statement for Academic Success Services as described on the syllabus template.