Regents' Teaching Award
The Nevada Regents' Teaching Award is given annually to a faculty member with a distinguished record of teaching. One award is given annually to a full-time faculty member who provides instruction as their primary assignment at UNLV, UNR, NSC or DRI. Each of these institutions is entitled to forward one nomination for the award. Nominations can be made by any NSHE employee or student, using the published criteria for the award. This is a prestigious award, and the winner receives a special medal and a check for $5,000. Nominations are made in early fall each year, with the winner being announced in early spring.
To nominate a faculty member, send a formal letter of nomination through the candidate's dean addressing how the candidate has accomplished a significant record of excellence in teaching that has brought recognition to the university.
Previous Regents' Teaching Award Winners:
- Eric Rasmussen, English (2011)
- David Ake, Music (2010)
- Eric Wang, Mechanical Engineering (2009)
- Scott Mensing, Geography (2007)
- Tom Nickles, Philosophy (2006)
- Scott Casper, History (2005)
- Paul F. Starrs, Geography (2004)
- Cheryll Glotfelty, English (2003)
- Gary Hausladen, Geography (2002)
- Philip Boardman, English (2000)
- Eugene LeMay, Chemistry (1998)
- Meggin McIntosh, Excellence in Teaching Program (1997)