Scholarships and Awards
Start by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The financial aid application is free, and information about applying for financial aid is readily available on the internet, through the financial aid office, your lender or your guarantor. If you need assistance with the FAFSA, contact the University's Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships at (775) 784-4666 (local) or (877) 666-0014 (toll-free).
International Affairs Scholarships
Judy Nowland Chase and Harry M. Chase Jr. Scholarship
- International affairs major
- University grade-point average of 3.0 or above
- Junior or senior standing
- Full-time status (12 credits or more per semester)
Download scholarship application now.
Beverly and Clint Howard Scholarship for Study Abroad
The University Studies Abroad Consortium Liberal Arts scholarship award amounts up to $1,000 for fall/spring semester or year $500 for summer.
- A major in a department in the College of Liberal Arts
- A University grade-point average of 3.0 or above
- Sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Acceptance to an accredited study-abroad program that offers college-level credits
- Completion of at least 12 credits at the University
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Sidney W. Robinson Memorial Scholarship
- Undergraduate major in Political Science
- Recipient must have submitted a paper on the topic of government and law, which will be reviewed by the Political Science scholarship committee. If there are no suitable applicants, students who submitted papers for political science classes during the preceding year on topics of government and law may be considered.
- Minimum 3.0 UNR GPA
- Minimum 12 UNR credits per semester; 15 credits recommended
- Student must be making satisfactory academic progress
- One-year scholarship
Applications are due to the Political Science office by 4:00 p.m., March 31, 2017.
Philo Sherman Bennett Award
Submit the best 500-1000 word essay on "The Principles of Free Government" as judged by the Chair of the Political Science department.
Turn essay in to the Political Science department office by 4:00p.m., March 31, 2017.