- Ph.D., Physics 1983 University of Buenos Aires
- M.S., Physics 1976 University of Buenos Aires
- 2003-Present Professor of Physics, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2007-2010 Chair, Physics Department
- 2006-2007 Associate Dean for Research, College of Science, Univ. of Nevada, Reno
- 2004-2005 Faculty Sabbatical Appointment, Sandia National Laboratories
- 1999-2004 Vice-Chair, Physics Department, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1996-2003 Associate Professor of Physics, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1994 Appointed to the Graduate Faculty, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1993-1996 Assistant Professor of Physics, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1992 Appointed to the Graduate Studies Faculty, University of Florida
- 1991-1993 Research Scientist, University of Florida
- 1985-1990 Post Doctoral Research Associate, University of Florida
- 1983-1984 Profesor Adjunto, University of Buenos Aires
- 1994/95/96/97/98 Visiting Scientist, Laboratory LULI, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- 2001 Visiting Scientist, Max-Planck Institut for Quantenoptik, Germany
- H.K. Shin Award for Excellence in Research, College of Science, Univ. of Nevada, Reno, 2005
- LeMay Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science, Univ. of Nevada, Reno, 2006
Atomic and radiation physics of high-energy-density plasmas; Stark-broadened line shapes; radiation transport; x-ray spectroscopy of plasmas; multi-objective spectroscopic data analysis.
- "Investigation of a polychromatic tomography method for the extraction of the three-dimensional spatial structure of implosion core plasmas" T. Nagayama, R. C. Mancini, R. Florido, R. Tommasini, J. A. Koch, J. A. Delettrez, S. P. Regan and V. Smalyuk, Physics of Plasmas 19, 082705 (2012).
- "Investigation of plasma instabilities in the stagnated z-pinch" V. Ivanov, J. P. Chittenden, R. C. Mancini, D. Papp, N. Niasse, S. D. Altemara and A. A. Anderson, Physical Review E 86, 046403 (2012).
- "Measurement of ionization state and electron temperature of plasma during the ablation stage of a wire-array z-pinch using absorption spectroscopy" V. Ivanov, P. Hakel, R. C. Mancini, J. P. Chittenden, A. Anderson, T. Durmaz, P. Wiewior, D. Papp, S. D. Altemara, A. L. Astanovitskiy and O. Chalvy, Physics Review Letters 106, 225005 (2011).
- "Measurements of core and compressed-shell temperature and density conditions in thick-wall target implosions at the OMEGA laser facility" R. Florido, R. C. Mancini, T. Nagayama, R. Tommasini, J. A. Delettrez, S. P. Regan and B. Yaakobi, Physical Review E 83, 066408 (2011).
- "Radiation hydrodynamic simulation of a photoionized plasma experiment at the Z facility" I. M. Hall, T. Durmaz, R. C. Mancini, J. E. Bailey and G. Rochau, Astrophysics and Space Science 336,189 (2011).
- "Argon K-shell and bound-free emission from OMEGA direct-drive implosion cores" R. Florido, R. C. Mancini, T. Nagayama, R. Tommasini, J. A. Delettrez, S. P. Regan, V. A. Smalyuk, R. Rodriguez and J. M. Gil, High Energy Density Physics 6, 70 (2010).
- "Experimental investigation of opacity models for stellar interior, inertial fusion, and high-energy density plasmas" J. E. Bailey, G. A. Rochau, R. C. Mancini, C. A. Iglesias, J. J. MacFarlane, I. E. Golovkin, C. Blanchard, Ph. Cosse and G. Faussurier, Physics of Plasmas 16, 058101 (2009).
- "Inference of ICF implosion core mix using experimental and theoretical mix modeling" L. A. Welser-Sherrill, D. A. Haynes, R. C. Mancini, J. H. Cooley, R. Tommasini, I. E. Golovkin, M. E. Sherrill and S. W. Haan, High Energy Density Physics 5, 249 (2009).
- "Accretion disk dynamics, photoionized plasmas, and stellar opacities" R. C. Mancini, J. E. Bailey, J. F. Hawley, T. Kallman, M. Witthoeft, S. J. Rose and H. Takabe, Physics of Plasmas 16, 041001 (2009).
- "Cascade effects on the polarization of He-like Fe 1s 2l - 1s2 X-ray line emission" P. Hakel, R. C. Mancini, C. Harris, P. Neill, P. Beiersdorfer, G. Csanak, H. L. Zhan, Physical Review A 76, 012716 (2007).
- "Spectroscopic modeling and characterization of a collisionally confined laser ablated plasma plume" M. E. Sherrill, R. C. Mancini, J. E. Bailey, A. Filuk, B. Clark, P. Lake and J. Abdallah, Physical Review E 76, 056401 (2007).
- "Spectroscopic determination of temperature and density spatial profiles and mix in indirect drive implosion cores" L. Welser, R. C. Mancini, J. Koch, N. Izumi, R. Tommasini, S. Haan, D. Haynes, I. Golovkin, J. MacFarlane, J. Delettrez, F. Marshall, S. Regan, V. Smalyuk and G. Kyrala, Physical Review E 76, 056403 (2007).
- "Line Broadening Analysis of Implosion Core Conditions at Z Using Argon K-shell spectroscopy" T. J. Burris-Mog, R. C. Mancini, J. E. Bailey, G. A. Chandler, S. A. Slutz, P. W. Lake, T. A. Mehlhorn, I. E. Golovkin, J. MacFarlane, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 99, 120 (2006).
- "X-ray Line Polarization of He-like Si Satellite Spectra in Plasmas Driven by High-Intensity Ultra-Short Pulsed Lasers" P. Hakel, R.C. Mancini, J.C. Gauthier, E. Minguez, J. Dubau and M. Cornille, Physical Review E 49, 056405 (2004).
- "Spectroscopic Determination of Dynamic Plasma Gradients in Implosion Cores" I. E. Golovkin, R. C. Mancini, S. Louis, Y. Ochi, K. Fujita, H. Nishimura, H. Shirga, N. Miyanaga, H. Azechi, R. Butsbach, I. Uschman, E. Foerster, J. Delettrez, J. Koch, R. W. Lee and L. Klein, Physical Review Letters 88, 045002-1 (2002).
- "Analysis of X-ray Spectral Data Using Genetic Algorithms" I. E. Golovkin, R. C. Mancini, S. Louis, R. W. Lee and L. Klein, J. Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 75, 625 (2002).
- "High-Order Satellites and Plasma Gradients Effects on the Ar Heβ Line Opacity and Intensity Distribution" I.E. Golovkin and R.C. Mancini, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer 65, 273 (2000).
- "Isochoric Heating of Solid Aluminum by Ultrashort Laser Pulses Focused on a Tamped Target" A. Saemann, K. Eidmann, I. E. Golovkin, R. C. Mancini, E. Anderson, E. Foerster and K. Witte, Physical Review Letters 82, 4843 (1999).
- "Polarization-Dependent Spectra of X-Ray Dielectronic Satellite Lines of Be-like Fe" A. S. Shlyaptseva, R. C. Mancini, P. Neill, P. Beiersdorfer, J. R. Crespo Lopez-Urrutia and K. Widmann, Physical Review A 57, 888 (1998).
- "The Effects of Ion Dynamics and Opacity on Stark Broadened Argon Line Profiles" D. A. Haynes, Jr., D. T. Garber, C. F. Hooper, Jr., R. C. Mancini, Y. Lee, D. K. Bradley, J. Delettrez, R. Epstein and P. Jaanimagi, Physical Review E 53, 1042 (1996).
- "Stark Broadening of Satellite Lines in Silicon Plasmas Driven by Femtosecond Laser Pulses" R. C. Mancini, A. S. Shlyaptseva, P. Audebert, J. P. Geindre, S. Bastiani, J. C. Gauthier, G. Grillon, A. Mysyrowicz and A. Antonetti, Physical Review E 54, 4147 (1996).
- "Modeling of Absorption Spectra in Dense Argon Plasmas" R. C. Mancini, C. F. Hooper, Jr. and R. L. Coldwell, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 51, 201 (1994).
- "The Formation of Li-like Satellites During the Interaction of Femtosecond Laser Pulses with Al Targets" R. C. Mancini, P. Audebert, J. P. Geindre, A. Rousse, F. Fallies, J. C. Gauthier, A. Mysyrowicz, J. P. Chambaret and A. Antonetti, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 27, 1671 (1994).
- "Density and Temperature Diagnostic Based on the Heβ Line and Associated Li-like Satellites" R.C. Mancini, C.F. Hooper, Jr., N.D. Delamater, A. Hauer, C.J. Keane, B.A. Hammel and J.K. Nash, Review of Scientific Instruments 63, 5119 (1992).
- "Calculational Aspects of the Stark Line Broadening of Multielectron Ions in Plasmas" R. C. Mancini, D. P. Kilcrease, L. A. Woltz and C. F. Hooper, Jr., Computer Physics Communications 63, 314 (1991).
- "Time-Resolved Spectroscopic Measurements of High Density in Ar-Filled Microballoon Implosions" C. F. Hooper, Jr., D. P. Kilcrease, R. C. Mancini, L. A. Woltz, D. K. Bradley, P. A. Jaanimagi and M. C. Richardson, Physical Review Letters 63, 267 (1989).
- "Hydrodynamics and K-Shell Radiation Emission of Laser Compressed Ar-Filled Glass Microballoons" R. C. Mancini and C. F. Hooper, Jr., Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 21, 1099 (1988).
- "Escape Factors for Stark-Broadened Line Profiles" R. C. Mancini, R. F. Joyce and C. F. Hooper, Jr., Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 20, 2975 (1987).
- "Ionization State and Bound Level Populations in Hot, Dense Plasmas" R. C. Mancini and C. Ferro Fontan, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 34, 115 (1985).