- Ph.D., Physics 2007 Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- A.B., Physics 1998 University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 2011 - Present Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Researcher, NIST
NRC research associate award, Supervisor: John Kitching 2007-2009
Dr. Geraci's research interests include:
- Precision force measurements
- Laser-cooling and trapping of atoms and dielectric objects
- Hybrid atomic-microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Quantum information science
- Casimir forces
- Experimental gravitation
- "Attonewton force detection using microspheres in a dual-beam optical trap in high vacuum" Gambhir Ranjit, David P. Atherton, Jordan H. Stutz, Mark Cunningham, Andrew A. Geraci, arxiv: (2015) (submitted)
- "Resonant interaction of trapped cold atoms with a magnetic cantilever tip", Cris Montoya, Jose Valencia, Andrew A. Geraci, Matthew Eardley, John Moreland, Leo Hollberg, John Kitching, arxiv:1503.07825 (2015) (submitted)
- "Sensing Short-Range Forces with a Nanosphere Matter-Wave Interferometer", Hart Goldman, Andrew A. Geraci, arxiv: 1412.4482 (2014) (submitted)
- "Observation of a classical Cheshire cat in an optical interferometer", David P. Atherton, Gambhir Ranjit, Andrew A. Geraci, and Jonathan D. Weinstein, Optics Letters 40, 879 (2015).
- "Cold atoms as a coolant for levitated optomechanical systems", Gambhir Ranjit, Cris Montoya, Andrew A. Geraci, Phys Rev. A 91, 013416 (2015).
- "Resonantly detecting axion-mediated forces using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance", A. Arvanitaki and A. Geraci, Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 161801 (2014).
- "Optomechanics of Levitated Dielectric Particles," Z.Q- Yin, A. A. Geraci, and T. Li, International Journal of Modern Physics B, 27, 1330018 (2013).
- "Detecting high-frequency gravity waves using optically levitated sensors", Asimina Arvanitaki, and Andrew A. Geraci, Phys. Rev. Lett.110, 071105 (2013)
- "Short-range Force Detection Using Optically Cooled Levitated Microspheres" Andrew A. Geraci, Scott B. Papp, and John Kitching, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 101101 (2010).
- "Ultracold mechanical resonators coupled to atoms in an optical lattice" Andrew A. Geraci and John Kitching, Phys. Rev. A 80, 032317 (2009).
- "Improved constraints on non-Newtonian forces at 10 microns" Andrew A. Geraci, Sylvia J. Smullin, David M. Weld, John Chiaverini, and Aharon Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. D 78, 022002 (2008).
- "How to Test Atom and Neutron Neutrality with Atom Interferometry" Asimina Arvanitaki, Savas Dimopoulos, Andrew A. Geraci, Jason Hogan, and Mark Kasevich, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 120407 (2008).
- "Constraints on Yukawa-type deviations from Newtonian gravity at 20 microns" S. J. Smullin, A.A. Geraci, D.M. Weld, J. Chiaverini, S. Holmes, and A. Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. D 72, 122001 (2005).
- "Probing Sub-Micron Forces by Interferometry of Bose-Einstein Condensed Atoms" Savas Dimopoulos and Andrew A. Geraci, Phys. Rev. D 68, 124021 (2003).
- "New Experimental Constraints on Non-Newtonian Forces below 100 µm" J. Chiaverini, S. J. Smullin, A. A. Geraci, D. M. Weld, and A. Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 151101 (2003).
- "Transverse dynamics of a relativistic electron beam in an underdense plasma channel" Andrew A. Geraci and David H. Whittum, Physics of Plasmas, 7, 3431 (2000).