- Ph.D., Physics 2007 Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- A.B., Physics 1998 University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 2011 - Present Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Researcher, NIST
NRC research associate award, Supervisor: John Kitching 2007-2009
Dr. Geraci's research interests include:
- Precision force measurements
- Laser-cooling and trapping of atoms and dielectric objects
- Hybrid atomic-microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Quantum information science
- Casimir forces
- Experimental gravitation
- "Short-range Force Detection Using Optically Cooled Levitated Microspheres" Andrew A. Geraci, Scott B. Papp, and John Kitching, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 101101 (2010).
- "Ultracold mechanical resonators coupled to atoms in an optical lattice" Andrew A. Geraci and John Kitching, Phys. Rev. A 80, 032317 (2009).
- "Improved constraints on non-Newtonian forces at 10 microns" Andrew A. Geraci, Sylvia J. Smullin, David M. Weld, John Chiaverini, and Aharon Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. D 78, 022002 (2008).
- "How to Test Atom and Neutron Neutrality with Atom Interferometry" Asimina Arvanitaki, Savas Dimopoulos, Andrew A. Geraci, Jason Hogan, and Mark Kasevich, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 120407 (2008).
- "Constraints on Yukawa-type deviations from Newtonian gravity at 20 microns" S. J. Smullin, A.A. Geraci, D.M. Weld, J. Chiaverini, S. Holmes, and A. Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. D 72, 122001 (2005).
- "Probing Sub-Micron Forces by Interferometry of Bose-Einstein Condensed Atoms" Savas Dimopoulos and Andrew A. Geraci, Phys. Rev. D 68, 124021 (2003).
- "New Experimental Constraints on Non-Newtonian Forces below 100 µm" J. Chiaverini, S. J. Smullin, A. A. Geraci, D. M. Weld, and A. Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 151101 (2003).
- "Transverse dynamics of a relativistic electron beam in an underdense plasma channel" Andrew A. Geraci and David H. Whittum, Physics of Plasmas, 7, 3431 (2000).