- Ph.D., Physics 1996 Auburn University
- M.S., Physics and Applied Mathematics, summa cum laude 1992 Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (FizTech)
- 2010 - present Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2006-2010 Associate Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2001-2006 Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
- 1999-2000 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Harvard University/ITAMP (A. Dalgarno group)
- 1996-1999 Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Notre Dame (W. R. Johnson group)
- 1993-1996 Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, Auburn University (E. A. Oks group)
- Fellow of the American Physical Society 2008
- Fulbright senior scholar in Australia, U.S. Department of State 2007
- Mousel-Feltner award for excellence in research/creative activity, University of Nevada 2006.
- Precision measurement grant, US National Institute of Standards and Technology 2003.
- Graduate student award for promise in research, Auburn University 1995.