Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

On-Campus Work

Students in F-1 and J-1 status may work up to 20 hours per week (40 hours during the winter, spring, and summer breaks) on campus but are not eligible to apply for off-campus employment during their first nine months in the United States. After nine months in the U.S. in nonimmigrant status, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (F-1) or the program sponsor (J-1) may grant part-time employment permission only under special conditions.

Family members of F-1 visa holders (F-2) are not allowed to work in the U.S. under any circumstances. The U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services may grant employment permission to family members of J-1 students (J-2) under special circumstances.

Job Search

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us