OISS Online Check-In
In order to enroll in classes before your arrival to the University, your I-20 or DS-2019 from the University should be issued; you do not have to have received the I-20 or DS-2019 yet. For U.S. transfer students, your SEVIS release date to the University must be set.
To apply for the OISS Online Check-In, you need to complete the following:
- Activate your NetID: Tutorial video on how to activate your NetID: Pack Pointers: Activate Your NetID
Once you have activated your NetID, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to enroll into the OISS Online Check-In. Once we receive your email, we will enroll you into the online check-in quizzes via WebCampus. Then, you will receive an invitation to your email address to complete the quizzes. Please let us know if you do not receive an email invitation to join the online check-in quizzes.
After you enroll, you will use your NetID and password to log in to WebCampus where you will find the OISS Online Check-In. If you have any questions about using WebCampus, please visit the WebCampus Student Resources page. The WebCampus Student Quick-Start Guide is a good resource.
In the OISS Online Check-In, you will find 2 sections you need to complete: "Pre-Arrival" and "Check-In." Each section has lessons and quizzes. You are required to complete all the lessons and pass the 2 quizzes with a minimum passing score of 80/100 (80%) to be eligible to enroll in classes before your arrival at the University. You have 3 attempts to pass each quiz. Please email our office, email@example.com, once you complete the quizzes whether you passed or did not pass.
If you do not pass the 2 quizzes within 3 attempts, you will be required to attend a Check-In Meeting at OISS after you arrive at the University. Please note that you will not be able to register for classes before you attend the Check-In Meeting. Check-In Meetings will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning 2 weeks before the start of each semester.
If you pass the 2 quizzes. You are not cleared for class registration yet! We will check if you have completed the following steps:
- Submitted the Advising Form
- If transferring college work, please provide syllabi to your department/advisor
- Removed all the holds on your MyNEVADA account
Once we confirm all the requirements are completed, we will temporarily remove your Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS and send you a notification. Please make sure that you register for classes within the temporary hold removal time because the hold will be back on to your account on the start date listed on your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. You may not enroll in classes until your assigned enrollment appointment found on your MyNEVADA account. To permanently remove the hold, you have to complete the following:
- All immunization requirements and Physical Evaluation Clearance Form
- English Bridge Test at the Intensive English Language Center (IELC) if you are not eligible for a waiver. Can only be taken at the University
- Students unable to attend the scheduled Bridge Placement Tests, may arrange for a personally more convenient time for a $150 fee. Failure to complete the Bridge Placement Test requirement may result in a hold being placed on the student's account
Please visit Enrollment to learn more about how to use MyNEVADA.