The information below has been compiled from a variety of sources. If the reader has access to information that can be documented and that will correct or add to this woman’s biographical information, please contact the Nevada Women’s History Project.
Born: 1845 (Maine)
Died: 20 July 1892 (Oakland CA)
Burial: Oakland CA
Race/nationality/ethnic background: Caucasian
Married: #2) Charles C. Stevenson - 22 June 1881 (San Francisco CA), #1 Robert A. Frame
Primary city and county of residence and work: Carson City NV, Oakland CA
Major fields of work: First Lady
Other role identities: Wife
Virginia Evening Chronicle [Virginia City] 22 July 1892:3.
Death of Mrs. Stevenson
Mrs. Ellen M. Stevenson, wife of the late Governor C.C. Stevenson, of this State, died Wednesday afternoon at Dr. Ward’s Hospital, Oakland. Some days ago deceased was obliged to submit to a surgical operation for the removal of a tumor, and never recovered from the effects.
- “Mrs. C.C. Stevenson Dying.” Nevada Appeal 21 July 1892:3. Print.
- “Death of Mrs. Stevenson.” Virginia Evening Chronicle [Virginia City] 22 July 1892:3. Print.
- “Death of Mrs. Stevenson.” Reno Evening Gazette 22 July 1892:3. Print.
- “Charles C. Stevenson.” The National Cyclopedia of American Biography, vol. XI. New York, New York: James S. White & Company, 1901. 201. Print.
- Myles, Myrtle Tate.“ Charles Clark Stevenson.” Nevada’s Governors: From Territorial Days to the Present 1861-1971. Sparks, NV: Western Printing & Publishing Company, 1972. 38-39. Print.
- Sawyer, Bette. “Nevada’s 100 Years of First Ladies.” Nevada Centennial Magazine. 1964: 126. Print.
- Nylen, Robert A., and Guy Louis Rocha. “Ellen M. (Frame) Stevenson.” State of Nevada: The historical Governor’s Mansion. Carson City, Nevada: Dema Guinn, the Nevada Commission on Tourism, Nevada Magazine, and the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs, 2005. 26. Print.