The information below has been compiled from a variety of sources. If the reader has access to information that can be documented and that will correct or add to this woman’s biographical information, please contact the Nevada Women’s History Project.
Born: May 1878 (San Francisco CA)
Died: 12 July 1947 (Carson City NV)
Burial: Reno, NV
Maiden Name: Mabelle Jean King
Race/nationality/ethnic background: Caucasian
Married: 19 Jan 1898 (San Francisco CA)
Children: Richard, Claire
Primary city and county of residence and work:
Carson City NV, Reno NV
Major fields of work: First Lady,
Other role identities: Wife, Mother
Obituary: Can not be displayed.
- “Kirman.” Reno Evening Gazette. 11 July 1947, sec. Death Notices: 18: Print.
- “Mrs. R. Kirman Dies In Reno.” Reno Evening Gazette 12 July 1947:1. Print.
- Myles, Myrtle T.. “Depression, World War II Governors: Nevada Governors Part VI.” Las Vegas Review Journal 7 June 1964, sec. The Nevadan: 24-25. Print.
- Sawyer, Bette. ”Nevada’s 100 Years of First Ladies.” Nevada Centennial Magazine. 1964: p. 98-101. Print.
- Myles, Myrtle Tate. “Richard Kirman.” Nevada’s Governors: From Territorial Days to the Present, 1861-1971. Sparks, NV: Western Printing & Publishing Company, 1972. 104-105. Print.
- Governors’ Kids roll call.” Reno Gazette Journal 2 Nov. 1997, sec. B: 2. Print.
- Nylen, Robert A., Guy Louis Rocha. “Mabelle Jean (King) Kirman.” State of Nevada: The Historical Governor’s Mansion. Carson City, Nevada: Dema Guinn, the Nevada Commission on Tourism, Nevada Magazine, and the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs, 2005. 38. Print.
- Harpster Jack. “The Reluctant First Family: Richard Kirman.” 100 Years in the Nevada Governor’s Mansion, Las Vegas, NV: Stephens Press, LLC, 2009. 96-101. Print.