The information below has been compiled from a variety of sources. If the reader has access to information that can be documented and that will correct or add to this woman’s biographical information, please contact the Nevada Women’s History Project.
Born: July 1892 (Duluth MN)
Died: 5 Apr 1965 (Reno NV)
Burial: Elko, NV
Maiden Name: Marianne Williamson
Race/nationality/ethnic background: Caucasian
Married: 4 Aug 1920 (San Diego)
Children: Morley W., Mary Louise
Primary city and county of residence and work: Carson City NV, Reno, NV
Major fields of work: First Lady
Other role identities: Wife, Mother
Obituary: Can not be displayed.
- “Depression, WWII Governors.” Las Vegas Review Journal 7 June 1964. sec. The Nevadan: 24-25. Print.
- “Mrs. M. Griswold.” Reno Evening Gazette 5 Apr. 1965:10. Print
- “Widow of Ex-governor Marianne Griswold Dead.” Nevada State Journal [Reno] 6 April 1965, sec. Deaths: 6. Print.
- “Mrs. Griswold Former Resident Dies Monday.” Elko Daily Free Press 6 April 1965:1. Print.
- “Griswold.” Reno Evening Gazette 6 April 1964, sec. Death Notices: 16. Print.
- Myles, Myrtle Tate. “Morley Isaac Griswold.” Nevada’s Governors: From Territorial Days to the Present 1861-1971 . Sparks, NV: Western Printing & Publishing Company, 1972. 99-100. Print.
- Sawyer, Bette. “Nevada’s 100 Years of First Ladies.” Nevada Centennial Magazine. 1964: p. 128. Print.
- “Governor’s Kids roll call.” Reno Gazette Journal 2 Nov. 1997, sec. B:2. Print.
- Nylen, Robert A., and Guy Louis Rocha. “Marianne (Williamson) Griswold.” State of Nevada-the Historical Governor’s Mansion. Carson City, Nevada: Dema Guinn, the Nevada Commission on tourism, Nevada Magazine, and the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs, 2005. 37. Print.
- Harpster, Jack. The Short-Term Governor: Governor Morley Griswold.” 100 Years in the Nevada Governor’s Mansion. Las Vegas, NV: Stephens Press, LLC, 2009. 88-92. Print.