The information below has been compiled from a variety of sources. If the reader has access to information that can be documented and that will correct or add to this woman’s biographical information, please contact the Nevada Women’s History Project.
Born: July 12, 1881 (Hamilton NV)
Died: 9 Apr 1959 (Reno NV)
Burial: Carson City, NV
Maiden Name: Una Reilly
Race/nationality/ethnic background: Caucasian
Married: 23 Apr 1904 (Hamilton NV)
Children: Harvey, Norinne, June, Donald, Denver, Barbara, Belford, George
Primary city and county of residence and work: Carson City NV, Reno, NV
Major fields of work: First Lady, Librarian
Other role identities: Wife, Mother
Obituary: Can not be displayed.
- “Mrs. D. Dickerson May Run for Treasurer.” Reno Evening Gazette [Reno] 23 July 1928:6.Print.
- ”Mrs. Una Dickerson, widow of former Gov. Denver Dickerson announced she might be a candidate for the state treasurer on the democratic ticket.” Reno Evening Gazette [Reno]24 July 1953, Sec, 25 Years Ago Today: 4. Print.
- “Mrs. Una Dickerson Breaks Arm in Fall.” Nevada State Journal [Reno]21 August 1955:3. Print.
- “Retires-Washoe County Law Librarian Leaves Post.” Reno Evening Gazette 6 Nov. 1956:2. Print.
- “Mrs. Una Dickerson is Recovering At Hospital In Reno.” Nevada State Journal [Reno] 8 Aug. 1957:8. Print.
- “Una Dickerson Passes In Reno After Long Illness.” Nevada Appeal [Carson City]10 April 1959 sec. Vital Statistics: 1-2. Print
- “Dickerson.” Reno Evening Gazette 10 April 1959, sec. Vital Statistics: 17. Print.
- “Widow of Former Governor Dies.” Oakland Tribune 11 April 1959, sec. B:3. Print.
- “Fortune for a Governor: Nevada’s Governors Part IV.” Las Vegas Review Journal 24 May 1964, sec.The Nevadan: 24-25. Print.
- “The First Holidays in Nevada’s Governor’s Mansion.” Las Vegas Review Journal 24 Dec. 1967, sec. The Nevadan: 24. Print.
- Myles, Myrtle Tate. “Denver Silvester Dickerson.” Nevada’s Governors: From Territorial Days to the Present, 1861-1971, Sparks, NV: Western Printing & Publishing Company, 1972. 74-75. Print.
- Sawyer, Bette. “Nevada’s 100 Years of First Ladies.” Nevada Centennial Magazine, 1964:126.Print.
- Governors’ Kids roll call.” Reno Gazette Journal 2 Nov. 1997, sec. B: 2. Print.
- Nylen, Robert A., and Guy Louis Rocha, “Una Reilly) Dickerson.” State of Nevada: The Historical Governor’s Mansion. Carson City, Nevada: Dema Guinn, the Nevada Commission on Tourism, Nevada Magazine and the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs, 2005.39. Print.
- Harpster, Jack. “The Accidental Governor: Denver Dickerson.” 100 Years in the Nevada Governor’s Mansion, Las Vegas, NV: Stephens Press, LLC, 1009. 36-42. Print.