- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (775) 784-6841
- Fax: (775) 784-4262
- Office: Pennington Health Sciences Building 318
- Mail Stop: 0134
- Diploma, Alton Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, Alton, IL
- BSN, Governor’s State University, University Park, IL
- MSN, Governor’s State University, University Park, IL
- DNSc, Rush University, Chicago, IL
Maternal-Newborn Nursing/Mother-Infant Relationships, Education, Leadership
Dr. Ruchala has served as teaching faculty in all levels of nursing education. She has also served in administrative roles in three Research Extensive Universities, including oversight of Baccalaureate, Master's and Ph.D. programs in Nursing. She joined the University of Nevada as Director of the Orvis School of Nursing in 2004.
One of Dr. Ruchala's favorite quotes is by former First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but where they ought to be."