The NNELI management team is pleased to announce the opening of the application cycle for Paraprofessionals who want to be considered for participation in the NNELI Fall 2015 Paraprofessional Cohort. Apply to the Fall 2015 Cohort.
Please contact the NNELI office if you have questions. Applications will be accepted through May 1, 2015.
NNELI provides selected TEACHER AIDES/ASSISTANTS and ESPs nine specially-developed modules in ESL and STEM-based strategies as well as professional development and techniques to be more effective in the classroom. Module topics include:
· Second Language Acquisition
· WCSD ELA Standards and Use
· GLAD/SIOP Strategies
· NGSS Overview
· Teaching/Learning Strategies
· Inquiry-Based Learning
Each module includes a face-to-face meeting each month, September through June in the early evening. During the month, participants complete the rest of the module online.
· Use of NNELI Resources- Science Kits and Audiovisual Equipment
· Professional Networking with the NNELI Community
· A stipend of $600 upon completion of the college-level course
Applications will be accepted through May 1, 2015.