Congratulations to the successful applicants for the NNELI Fall 2016 Paraprofessional Cohort We look forward to meeting you! To get involved in the NNELI community, please follow our Facebook page.
NNELI provides selected TEACHER AIDES/ASSISTANTS and ESPs nine specially developed modules in ESL and STEM-based strategies as well as professional development and techniques to be more effective in the classroom. Module topics include:
- Second Language Acquisition
- WCSD ELA Standards and Use
- GLAD/SIOP Strategies
- NGSS Overview
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
Each module includes a face-to-face meeting each month, September through June in the early evening. During the month, participants complete the rest of the module online.
- Use of NNELI Resources- Science Kits and Audiovisual Equipment
- Professional Networking with the NNELI Community
- A stipend of $1000 upon completion of the college-level course