The application cycle for the NNELI Fall 2016 Paraprofessional Cohort has ended and we are reviewing submissions.
NNELI provides selected TEACHER AIDES/ASSISTANTS and ESPs nine specially developed modules in ESL and STEM-based strategies as well as professional development and techniques to be more effective in the classroom. Module topics include:
- Second Language Acquisition
- WCSD ELA Standards and Use
- GLAD/SIOP Strategies
- NGSS Overview
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
Each module includes a face-to-face meeting each month, September through June in the early evening. During the month, participants complete the rest of the module online.
- Use of NNELI Resources- Science Kits and Audiovisual Equipment
- Professional Networking with the NNELI Community
- A stipend of $600 upon completion of the college-level course