The application cycle for the NNELI Fall 2015 Paraprofessional Cohort has ended. All applicants will be contacted via email by May 20, 2015 with the status of their applications. Please contact the NNELI office if you have questions.
NNELI provides selected TEACHER AIDES/ASSISTANTS and ESPs nine specially-developed modules in ESL and STEM-based strategies as well as professional development and techniques to be more effective in the classroom. Module topics include:
- Second Language Acquisition
- WCSD ELA Standards and Use
- GLAD/SIOP Strategies
- NGSS Overview
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
Each module includes a face-to-face meeting each month, September through June in the early evening. During the month, participants complete the rest of the module online.
- Use of NNELI Resources- Science Kits and Audiovisual Equipment
- Professional Networking with the NNELI Community
- A stipend of $600 upon completion of the college-level course