Applying to the Northern Nevada English Learning Initiative Cohorts
Application cycles for participation in the Northern Nevada English Learning Initiative programs are organized by participant role: paraprofessional, classroom teacher, pre-service teacher. Application cycles for upcoming cohorts will be announced our homepage and the NNELI Facebook page. Contact the NNELI Office for more information.
- Develop professionally
- Work better with ESL students
- Earn college credit or a stipend
- Learn WCSD policy and programs
- NNELI offers professional development in STEM and ESL for licensed, practicing K-12 classroom teachers
- Teachers who hold a current ESL endorsement, have taught for three or more years, and teach in Title 1/STEM -designated schools or schools with at least 25% ELS are eligible to apply.
- Bilingual teachers preferred.
- NNELI for Pre-Service Teachers gives selected students training to procure an ESL Endorsement as part of their undergraduate teacher licensure program at the University of Nevada, Reno.