Reporting of improper financial activities
The university is committed to operating with the highest level of integrity in meeting our responsibilities to the citizens of the state of Nevada. In keeping with this commitment, the university has established an online mechanism for reporting concerns about improper financial activities to the Campus Audit department. The website is intended to be used to report serious concerns or questionable actions that encompass on or more of the following:
- Are unlawful;
- Do not comply with university policies and procedures;
- Possibly encompass fraud, abuse, mismanagement, waste, or other financial misconduct.
We encourage employees to initially communicate concerns with their supervisor or a higher level manager. If this does not resolve the situation, we recommend that the online reporting tool be utilized. When reporting fraud, waste, mismanagement or abuse, please be prepared to provide sufficient detail to allow the matter to be fully investigated and resolved as soon as possible. If available, copies of documentation or other supporting evidence should be obtained; do not talk to other employees or individuals regarding your suspicions or the specific incident(s). While anonymity is permitted, we encourage employees to provide a contact method to allow Campus Audit to clarify any points made and collect any documentation available. If you choose to identify yourself, we will do everything in our power to keep the information confidential.
The online reporting should be made in good faith to report financial misconduct rather than as a means to report general dissatisfaction with supervisors or job duties. These types of concerns should be addressed through normal department channels or Human Resources.
Other reporting avenues available to the campus community:
- University Police Services
- Emergency services – dial 9-911
- Non-Emergency services – dial (775) 334-COPS (334-2677)
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office - for issues regarding discrimination, equal employment opportunity, individuals with disabilities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Vice President for Research - under Section 6,515 of the University Administrative Manual, reports of allegations of scientific misconduct should be filed with the Vice President for Research.
- Controller’s Office.