Professors from the University of Nevada, Reno have the unique opportunity to support the USAC mission and internationalize their home departments by teaching abroad. Visiting Professors establish contacts with foreign colleagues, enhance their own foreign language acquisition, strengthen and support international education and study abroad on campus, diversify course curriculum, and develop international relationships for research and other purposes.
Candidates must be full-time faculty members in good standing at the University of Nevada, Reno who will be returning to campus following their term abroad. Other key qualifications include:
- superior teaching abilities reflected in student evaluation summaries
- flexibility regarding international working and living conditions
- willingness to enthusiastically experience local culture with students
- contribution to the host university overseas, in addition to teaching the selected courses
- active participation in publicizing and recruiting for their course(s) and program to ensure sufficient course enrollment
Summer 2010, Fall 2010, and Spring 2011 positions are available at USAC Specialty Program sites (including Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, and Spain). Available subject areas and terms are specified in the attached application. Visiting Professors teach one course in summer sessions and two courses in semester programs.
Please contact Monica Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Applications are due Friday, February 13, 2009.