Faculty deliver presentations and publish papers
Deborah Verstegen, professor in the Department of Educational Leadership, has delivered the following presentations:
- "Adequate Funding of Illinois Public Schools," May 3, 2007;
- "An Analysis of the Distribution and Magnitude of Resources in Illinois: Methodological Issues and Findings," and was a co-presenter of "Nevada: The State of the State," at the American Education Finance Association Annual Meeting March 22-24, 2007;
- "Educational Opportunity: The Illinois Dilemma. Adequacy of Funding and the Future of Public Education in Illinois," at the Edwin J. O'Leary Winter Conference, February 15, 2007;
- "Education Reform and Funding," at the 43rd Allerton Conference, November 2, 2006; and,
- "Measuring the Adequacy of Funding of Public Schools in America," at the Edwin J. O'Leary Fall Conference, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, November 1, 2006.
She has also published the following article:
- "Has Adequacy Been Achieved? A Study of Finances and Costs a Decade After Court Ordered Reform." Journal of Education Finance, vol. 32, no. 3, 304-327.
The article titled "Star Power and the Schools: Studying Popular Films' Portrayal of Educators," written by Reed Scull, Extended Studies community academic credit coordinator for the Carson City area, Melanie Peltier and Gary Peltier, professor in the Department of Educational Leadership, has been accepted for publication in The Clearinghouse.