College of Engineering
- Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 1995
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1989
Dr. Wang joined the ME faculty in 1995. From 1993 to 1995 he was an associate instructor of mechanical engineering at UC Davis. He received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from UC Berkeley. He earned his M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from M.I.T. specializing in the manufacture of composite materials. He earned his Ph.D. from UC Davis where he investigated the quantification and optimization of mountain bike suspension systems.
Dr. Wang is responsible for teaching introduction to mechanical engineering (ME 150/ ME 151), design of mechanical elements (ME 351), and design synthesis (ME 452). Professor Wang is an active member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), the United States Cycling Federation (USCF), and the International Human Powered Vehicle Association (IHPVA). He is also one of the faculty advisors for the UNR human powered vehicle (HPV) team.
Dr. Wang's research activities include robotics, engineering education, biomechanics, and the design of sports equipment. Recent projects include: stratospheric ballooning, tele-operated outdoor robotics, modeling cognitive development of engineering students, optimization of bicycle performance. He has published 4 single-author books and over 50 papers. Dr. Wang is also an Associate Director of the Nevada NASA Space Grant Consortium.
- Engineering education
- Design of sports equipment
Relevant past experience
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Davis
Awards and honors
- 2015 College of Engineering Faculty Excellence Award
- 2003 F. Donald Tibbitts University Distinguished Teacher Award
- 2001 Outstanding Teaching Award, American Society for Engineering Education - Pacific Southwest Section
- 1997 Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Recipient of the 1996 Outstanding UNR Professor award, UNR Fraternities