- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (775) 784-4561
- Office: Howard Medical Sciences 150B
- Mail Stop: 0330
- Ph.D., University of Sheffield, 1987
- B.S., University of Sheffield, 1987
Regulation of smooth muscle myosins by phosphorylation and dephosphorylation. I am also interested in the interaction between myosin and actin, myosin light chain kinase and phosphatase.
- Ellison, P.A., Z.S. DePew, and Cremo, C.R... Both heads of tissue-derived smooth muscle heavy meromyosin bind to actin in the presence of ADP. J. Biol. Chem., 2002: In press. M211016200
- Perrino, B.A., Wilson, A.J. Ellison, P. Clapp, L.H. Substrate selectivity and sensitivity to inhibition by FK506 and cyclosporin A of calcineurin heterodimers composed of the alpha or beta catalytic subunit. European Journal of Biochemistry, 2002. 269(14): p. 3540-8.
- Pearson, D.S. Holtermann, G. Ellison, P. Cremo, C. Geeves, M.A. A novel pressure-jump apparatus for the microvolume analysis of protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions: its application to nucleotide binding to skeletal-muscle and smooth-muscle myosin subfragment-1. The Biochemical Journal, 2002. 366(Pt 2): p. 643-51.
- Ellison, P.A., J.R. Sellers, and C.R. Cremo, Kinetics of smooth muscle heavy meromyosin with one thiophosphorylated head. J. Biol. Chem., 2000. 275: p. 15142-15151.
- Poole, K. I. V. Lorenz, M. Ellison, P. Evans, G. Rosenbaum, G. Boesecke, P.
Holmes, K. C. Cremo, C. R.A low angle diffraction study of the structure of the actomyosin complex: effects of ADP binding. J. Muscle. Res. Cell Motility, 1997. 18: p. 264.v
- Ellison, P. A . & Engel, P. C. (1993) Intrinsic Crotonase Activity in a bacterial Butyryl-CoA Dehydrogenase. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. 29 605-612
- Ellison, P. A. & Pai, E. (1991) Cloning of the FAD synthetase gene from B.ammoniagenes in "Flavins and Flavoproteins" (Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin, New York) pp.224-227
- Ellison, P. A. & Engel, P. C. (1988)The Catalytic Versatility of the Butyryl-CoA Dehydrogenase from M.elsdenii. in :"Flavins and Flavoproteins" (Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin, New York) pp.181-184
- Ellison, P. A. & Engel, P. C. (1987)Does Butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase catalyse thioester exchange? Biochem. Soc. Trans. 15 235-236
- Ellison, P. A. & Engel, P. C. (1987) Enoyl CoA dehydrogenase activity in preparations of Butyryl-CoA Dehydrogenase from M.elsdenii . Biochem. Soc. Trans. 14 158
- Ellison, P.A., Shaw, L. Williamson, G. & Engel, P.C. (1984)
Oxygen reactivity of Butyryl-CoA Dehydrogenase from M.elsdenii and from ox-liver mitochondria: in "Flavins and Flavoproteins" (Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin, New York) pp.413-416