Raj R. Kallu, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Mining Engineering, West Virginia University, WV.
- M.S Mine Engineering, Institute of Technology - Banaras Hindu University, India.
- B.S Mining Engineering, University College of Engineering, Kakatiya University, India
- 08/2010 – present: Assistant Professor, Mining Engineering Department, Mackay School of Mines, University of Nevada, Reno, NV
- 08/2009 – 07/2010: Assistant Professor, Mining Engineering, Montana Tech of the University of Montana, Butte, MT
- 08/2005 – 07/2009: Graduate Research Assistant, Mining Engineering Department, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- 04/2002 – 08/2005: Senior Research Fellow/Scientist, Central Mining Research Institute, CSIR, Dhanbad, India
- Geo-mechanics: Design and analysis of underground and surface excavations, Instrumentation, Numerical modeling studies of complex rock mass.
- Mine ventilation, Rock fragmentation.
- Kallu, R. R., Peng, S. S., 2010, Reinforced Concrete Seal Design for 120 psi Design Standard – Numerical Approach, SME 2010 transactions, Pre-print no. 10-103, Phoenix, AZ
- Kallu, R. R., Yassien, A., and Peng, S. S., 2009, Design of Reinforced Concrete Seals for underground coal mines, Presented in 80th Shock & Vibration Symposium, SAVIAC, October 25-29, 2009.
- Kallu, R. R., Yassien, A., Morsy, K. M., and Peng, S. S., 2009, 3D Dynamic Simulation of Reinforced Concrete Seals for 120 psi Design Standard, To be published in 28th International Conference on Ground Control in Mining, July 2009, pp 162-168.
- Morsy, K. M., Yassien, A., Kallu, R. R., Peng, S. S., 2009, Cementitious Seal/Rock Interface Under Hydrostatic and Dynamic Loading, 28th International Conference on Ground Control in Mining, July 2009, pp 155-161.
- Mine ventilation
- Mining Methods
- Intro to Eng. Cal. & Prob. Solving