How to apply
We are always interested in hearing from students world-wide who expect to continue their graduate studies. We are looking for motivated students with high academic achievement. If you think that you fit this description, we encourage you to apply via the application website. Please DO NOT send e-mails requesting advice on your chances of acceptance. For additional resource information, please visit the graduate school website or office of international students and scholars (OISS).
- We expect applicants to have a grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or better for the B.S. degree program or the last two years of course work.
- We require the GRE scores. Students will less likely be competitive for financial assistance with scores below a 700 on the quantitative portion of the GRE scores.
- Students whose native language is not English, must take the TOEFL unless they have completed BS/MS degrees at an English speaking university. The minimum acceptable score for applicants is 550 (213 computer based).
- For PhD program applicants, research and/or industrial experience and the three letters of recommendation are an important part of the evaluation of the application.
- International applicants: $95.00 non-refundable application fee
- Domestic applicants: $60, nonrefundable; $40 for returning students and UNR alumni.
These fees can be waived by the Mechanical Engineering Department for outstanding applicants depending upon financial need--students with high GPA and/or GRE Q score (GPA>3.5; QRE Quantitative: 750+). Inquiries please contact Dr. Kwang J. Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The department does process applications on a rolling basis.
To be given full consideration for admission and assistantships/fellowships, applications must be received by April 1st for the fall semester and September 1st for the spring semester.