Apply to McNair Scholars
Become a McNair Scholar.
* The McNair Scholars Program will be accepting applications for the 2014/2015 academic year until all slots are filled. Please submit WORD or PDF documents requested here by mail or fax to:
McNair Scholars Program
Thompson Building, Suite #200
Reno, NV 89557-0075
Phone: (775) 784-6044
Fax: (775) 784-1353
Review the McNair Scholars Promotional Slide Show detailing the services provided by our program!
We are currently accepting applications for scholars. Priority will be given to those applications received on or before October 15th, 2014. Applications accepted during the fall 2014 semester will be selected to participate in the spring/summer 2015 research cohort.
- Step One: Complete the McNair Scholars Program on-line application. Please review the following Eligibility Requirements put forth by the U.S. Department of Education, before proceeding with your application. There is also a time commitment involved with program services. Please review the following program requirements prior to proceeding.
- Step Two: Complete the Expanded Statement of Purpose Form. You will be requested to submit this at a later date.
- Step Three: Produce Two Faculty Evaluation Forms. You will be requested to submit these at a later date, along with Unofficial College Transcripts from EACH school you have attended.
- Step Four: Complete the Eligibility Signature Page Form. You will be requested to submit this at a later date, along with tax year 2013 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ Copies (Front and Back ONLY), OR Signed FAFSA, OR Statement of Non-Taxable Income.
- Step Five: Fill out the Application Checklist Form. Please review your checklist CAREFULLY to make sure all of your documentation (when requested) has been submitted to the McNair Scholars Program.