Be a Tutor
We are always looking for qualified tutors to work at the Math Center. You DO NOT have to be a Math Major to be a tutor.
- Be a University of Nevada, Reno student enrolled in at least six credits.
- Have completed Calculus I (Math 181 at UNR).
- Have a superior GPA in mathematics and/or related courses.
- Have good computer skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to communicate English clearly and fluently.
Steps for application:
- Turn in an application form to the Math Center.
- Make an appointment to take the Tutor Exams.
- The Math Center gives two exams to assess mathematical skills and knowledge. Here is a study guide.
Depending on your application and test scores we will call you for an interview. If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org