A united Web presence
In an effort to make the University's web presence more accessible, consistent and interconnected, the following standards should be adhered to by all University departments, programs and offices.
All Pages Should:
- Have the official university Block N logo visible without scrolling. The preferred placement of the logo is the upper left quadrant of the page.
- Provide a link to the University home page either by linking the Block N logo to the University home page and/or providing a "University of Nevada, Reno" link that points to www.unr.edu.
- Adhere to the University's published graphic standards of logo usage, color palette, etc.
- Use valid XHTML/CSS as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Provide complete contact information (or a link to contact information) on the homepage of the site. Contact information includes department name, address, physical location, phone number, fax number, email address, and, if appropriate, hours of operation.
- Provide an "Apply" link (http://www.unr.edu/apply) in the page footer of all student- and academic-related pages.
- Provide a "Copyright Notice" link that links to http://www.unr.edu/general-information/copyright/.
- Provide a link to the Privacy Statement on all secure pages that collect personally identifiable information and link to http://www.unr.edu/privacy/.
- Provide a clear mechanism for recipients to unsubscribe for pages/sites with associated email newsletters.
- Have a unique, descriptive title in the copy and in the "title" tag of each web page to facilitate better search results via the University's search engine.
- When possible, use and link to existing information sites and utilities instead of re-creating: e.g., map, news, events.