Welcome to Lake Tahoe Music Camp!
Held July 6-12, 2014 at the Nevada State 4-H Camp in Stateline, Nevada, the University of Nevada, Reno’s 58th annual Lake Tahoe Music Camp invites student musicians ranging from middle school through high school* to participate in an incredible week of music-making and fun in the beautiful setting of Lake Tahoe. Campers will have the opportunity to participate in concert bands, jazz bands and a variety of wind and percussion chamber ensembles during an action-packed week of rehearsals, clinics and concerts. Tuition is $550 per camper and two optional private lessons are available for $25 each.
Evening activities will include faculty and student recitals, clinics and performances by University of Nevada, Reno music faculty, and a variety of recreational and team-building activities. Students will receive small group instruction and optional private lessons from outstanding northern Nevada music educators, and will perform in ensembles under the direction of some of the finest music educators in the country. In addition to developing excellence in musical performance, students also make lasting friendships with their fellow campers and cultivate important connections with educators and professionals in the music community. Please see the Parent/Camper Information page for important information and forms that must be read and completed prior to camp.
*The camp is designed for students who have completed grades 7-12. Younger students may be accepted with the camp director’s approval.
Immersive Music Experience!
Lake Tahoe Music camp features six dynamic days and nights of jazz and classical music workshops, clinics, performances, mentoring and instruction with award-winning University faculty, guest conductors, professional chamber and jazz musicians and more — all on the shores of beautiful Lake Tahoe! Camp includes:
- all meals and housing (cabin-dormitory style)
- instruction and guidance from University faculty, experienced music educators and professional musicians
- evening performances and activities
- secure private grounds and beach
- two optional private half-hour lessons for $25 each (not included in tuition)
- All-Camp Concert presented by campers for family and friends Saturday, July 12 at 9 a.m. (originally scheduled for 9:30), at the camp’s own Kelly Amphitheatre
- souvenir T-shirt
Please note: A deposit of $275 must be made at the time of registration and tuition must be paid in full by June 16, 2014. Due to limited space, registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No roommate preferences accepted.* Cancellations: Before the first day of camp, cancellations are subject to a $75 service charge. No refunds will be given after camp begins.
*Students who have not completed 7th grade may be accepted with the camp director’s approval.
Camp Location and Directions
Lake Tahoe Music Camp is held at the Nevada State 4-H Camp in Stateline, Nevada, located near Edgewood Golf Course.
University of Nevada 4-H Camp
1 4-H Road
Stateline, NV 89449.
Directions from Carson City
Take Highway 50 from Carson City to Stateline, Nevada. Drive through the communities of Cave Rock, Zephyr Cove and Roundhill.
- Passenger vehicles (15 or fewer passengers) turn right on Kahle Drive at the stoplight. Turn left on Laura Drive. Turn Right on 4-H Camp Road (not marked).
- Trucks, buses, or large vehicles turn right on 4-H Camp Road, which is next to Edgewood Golf Course. It is a quarter mile to the campgrounds from Highway 50.