Declaring, Changing or Adding a Major or Minor
- Review the major or minor requirements in the University of Nevada, Reno General Catalog. Please be aware some majors have specific GPA requirements for entry into the major and graduation.
- Contact your faculty advisor to request an advising appointment. If you are requesting an appointment during the winter or summer breaks, please contact the College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office at (775) 784-6155 for an appointment.
- Download and complete the Declaration/Change of Plan (major) form or the Declaration/Change of Minor/Certificate form.
- If you are eligible to declare/change a major or minor, your faculty advisor will sign the form. You will need to sign the form and drop it off at the Office of Admissions and Records (second floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building).
- If you are removing a major or minor in the College of Liberal Arts, you will need to download and complete the form and submit it directly to the Office of Admissions and Records (second floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building). A signature from an advisor is not required to be removed from a major or minor.
- If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact your faculty advisor or email@example.com.