- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
Psychology majors learn about human behavior and its context. They study motivations, capacities, and human abilities, and put this knowledge to work in the alleviation of human suffering.
Psychology is one of the largest majors at the University of Nevada, Reno with more than 400 undergraduates majoring in psychology. Undergraduate students in the Department of Psychology are encouraged and able to participate in the scholarly and applied work of psychology at many different levels -- from taking a wide variety of psychology courses (most of which are taught by doctoral-holding faculty members) to actively participating in research laboratories to working (for pay or credit) in one of many applied projects. The psychology department provides a tremendous breadth of training to students, preparing them well for graduate school and careers in psychology.
The Department of Psychology also offers the Master of Arts degree in general psychology. Doctoral programs are available in general psychology, with concentrations in behavior analysis, clinical psychology, cognitive and brain sciences.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Psychology, Minor
- Psychology, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Psychology - Research Specialization, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Psychology - Behavior Analysis, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Psychology, Master of Arts Degree - Behavior Analysis Specialization
- Ph.D. in Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Behavior Analysis
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychology - Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Contact College of Liberal Arts
|Location||Ansari Business Building|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557