Political Science, Master of Arts Degree
- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
For all political animals
The Master of Arts program has the following general goals: to offer students an opportunity for advanced, specialized courses in the discipline of political science, leading to a graduate degree; to prepare students for additional graduate work leading to a Ph.D. and a career as a political scientist; to offer students the opportunity to prepare for a career in teaching, politics, public service and government, or to complement their present careers; the support of university-based research involving issues of politics and public policy.
- To offer students advanced course work in their field of interest within political science.
- To provide students who are interested in advanced academic preparation with challenging course work and research opportunities to pursue their Ph.D. in political science.
- To provide students with advanced course work and training to further their current career or to expand their future career choices.
The courses in political science cover a full range of the discipline, both in terms of substance and methodology. Courses in research methods provide the skills necessary for sophisticated analysis of political processes, institutions and policies. More specialized interests are developed through independent research courses and projects tackled by students.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Political Science, Minor
- Political Science, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Political Science, Master of Arts Degree
- Ph.D. in Political Science
Contact College of Liberal Arts
|Location||Ansari Business Building|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557