- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
Philosophy is the study of disciplined thinking-the ability to read and listen critically, to address problems systematically, and to express ideas articulately.
Our department is an active and friendly one, combining philosophical rigor with an open and receptive relationship to students. We have high expectations of our students but we also provide extensive course and program advisement that helps them reach the expectations we set. Department members spend substantial amounts of time on ongoing research projects on the wide variety of topics in which they specialize, but we are constantly engaged as well in intense discussion with students about philosophical ideas. Students frequently tell us that our advisement is among the best at the university, and we like to think--and hope you will agree--that our department is the friendliest little department on campus.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Philosophy, Minor
- Ethics, Law and Politics, Minor
- Philosophy, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Philosophy (Ethics, Law, and Politics Specialization), Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Ethics, Law, and Politics, Graduate Certificate
- Philosophy, Master of Arts Degree
- Ethics, Law, and Politics, Graduate Degree
Contact College of Liberal Arts
|Location||Ansari Business Building|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557