All faculty, technicians, staff, and in some cases students and visitors who will contact animals or engage in animal work must complete specific training before they will be allowed to perform this work. The minimum training required is outlined by federal regulations and policies.
The University's IACUC utilizes online training provided by the CITI program. The CITI program offers a wide variety of training programs for researchers, but for the purposes of animal research a researcher only needs to complete training that is specifically related to that topic.
- For "Human Subjects Research" select "N/A"
- For the "Good Clinical Practice" field do not select anything.
- For the "Responsible Conduct of Research" field, select "Not at this time."
- For the "Conflict of Interest Mini-Course," select "No."
- For the "Lab Animal Welfare" section, choose the first choice, "Working with the IACUC Course." Then select the species-specific courses that are relevant to your research project and interests.
See below for an illustration of the course enrollment selections for animal researchers: