Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

Contact Information

Office of Lab Animal Medicine

Phone(775) 784-4874
Location Neilor Biomedical Sciences
Room 208
Address 1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-Mail Stop 340
Contact Contact LAM/IACUC

Required Training

Do You Need Animal Studies Training?

The easiest way to decide if you need a animal studies training is to ask yourself the following questions:

  • Will I be using animals or animal tissues?
  • Will I be doing any animal behavioral studies?
  • Does my work include trapping of animals?
  • Does my work include any type of handling of the animals?
  • If a field study will any animals be impacted or disrupted by my work?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions you will probably need a protocol. If you are planning fields studies of fish, birds, reptile studies, go here to learn how to develop the appropriate protocol. If there is any doubt about training requirements or if you have any other questions, please contact us at (775) 784-4874.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us