Kyocera Copystar: Scan to USB
Using the USB port on the side of the Kyocera's console, it's possible to scan a document as PDF and immediately save it to a USB thumb drive.
- Log into the Kyocera CopyStar.
- Place the document you wish to scan on the glass, or in the document feeder at the top of the machine.
- Locate the USB port on the right-side of the console.
- Plug in your USB thumb drive.
- A message will appear on the screen indicating that it has recognized your "Removable Memory" (a slightly obscure way of referring to your thumb drive). Press on Yes.
- The screen will show the folder structure on your USB device. After navigating to the folder you want to save the document to, press on the Store File button.
- You can then change the settings for the scan. The default settings are usually best for most scans.
- On the console, press the green Start button.The document will then be scanned and saved to your USB device with a filename similar to doc123456789.pdf.