Kyocera Copystar PaperCut: PC
If you log into a computer at UNR with your NetID, and you have an access code for the Kyocera copiers, then the PaperCut client should automatically be installed on the computer. If you are unsure whether you have the software or not, there is a simple way to check.
If the computer does not appear to have the software installed, or you are using a Windows PC that is not connected to our domain, then it is necessary to manually install the client.
PaperCut Installation Instructions
- Download Papercut.bat and save it to your computer's hard drive. Find the file and use Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy the file.
- Click on the Start button, navigate to the list of All Programs and then right-click on the Startup folder. Choose Open all users.
- Copy the Papercut.bat file into this folder (use Ctrl + V). Double-click on the file to launch the PaperCut application (this is the only time you will need to manually launch the file). You may be asked for administrative privileges to copy the file over. Click Continue.
If you do not have sufficient privileges to complete this action, please contact the Help Desk.
- After launching the file, you will receive a warning. Uncheck the "Always ask before opening this file" option and click Run.
- There will be short delay while the computer loads the "PaperCut" client. When prompted, log into the PC-Client software. Enter your fully-qualified NetID as UNR\NetID and your NetID password. Check the box next to "Remember my identity".
- You will receive one more warning. Click Run.
- To verify that the software has launched successfully, check for a small green "P" icon in your taskbar.Hovering your mouse over this icon will display your NetID.
- Restart your computer to check that the PaperCut client launches automatically successfully. It should not need to ask for your credentials.
With an access code, and the PaperCut client and printer driver installed, you may now use all the features of the Kyocera CopyStar printers.